In the Society for Creative Anachronism, my name is Herrin Kathalyn Nimet. I enjoy the research and garments of the late 15th/early 16th Century German clothing, but I have been known to sew anything from 6th C. Byzantine to 14th C. Gothic fitted dresses also.

I attempt to sew other stuff to from modern day patterns, but that's been a challenge. Hopefully by brainstorming on this journal, I can figure them out with some measure of success. Modern patterns are just not my forté!

Please enjoy!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

So no picture to be had

A) I forgot....

B) I was not happy with the final outcome. Too loose, didn't finish eyelets (those I started were too small) and front hem was too long. *sad panda(

So with that being said my project will be to adjust all those things and maybe start attaching the appliques. Still debating the sleeves. The armsceye of the sleeve was bigger than the bodice, so at the very least that needs to be recut, which is fine because I think the sleeves were too long. So an inch or two in the length to recut the armsceye is acceptable in my book.

When I make the proper fitting support kirtle, I've decided on a purple. I think that will be a nice contrast. Plus I think that will work well with the other few GFDs I own.

But! I definately need to redraft my bodice pattern before I attempt this again. It was just hard to do so before this weekend because I had no one local who could measure me properly, so I winged it with what I had.

It's all a learning lesson, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment